15 April 2013

Taoist Tai Chi ~ 6


Parting Wild Horse's Mane
I value my balance and my center in my Taoist Tai Chi form.
I have natural weaknesses in my body, in my left legs joints, knee and ankle, and their accumulated scar tissues. I was born with weakness there and through time injuries aggravated those clefts.  My Tai Chi practice reveals them as imbalance in my practice. So achieving balance calls for my persistence and practice and persistence and practice. I just keep practicing gently moving through the form. My balance is exercised and seems to strengthen and relax simultaneously while I move up and down on one leg, then the other.
Taoist Tai Chi’s ‘parting wild horse’s mane’ is one Tai Chi movement where I gently raise and lower my torso, and rotate it with my spine, up and down on one leg at a time. I flex through my knees and ankles, while keeping balance on one leg while I rotate my torso to the right standing up on my right leg, and to the left standing up on my left leg, moving left and right and forward with my spine as my center, while I part the wild horse’s mane, first to the right and then to the left, slowly moving through the herd. It’s a serene movement and an especially peaceful motion.
Persevering in practice is the important factor to exercise balance in motion and to extend the spine. Remembering the 108 moves will come with time; just have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment