15 July 2009

Stewardship into Day-to-Day Living

My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground on which I stand. Stewardship is action. Stewardship is doing. Stewardship is transformation.

Stewardship is weaving my day to day living with my beliefs.
  • Be an ambassador for Christ: 2 Corinthians: 16-21
  • Give of my treasure to the Body of Christ or a Church
  • Work towards the tithe
Christian stewardship is weaving my day to day living into the church.
  • Eucharist once a week
  • Prayer / Lectio Divina
  • Volunteer in service to another
  • Study / Reflection / Lectio Divina
  • Labor / Work
  • Teaching / Lectio Divina
  • Witness / speaking out; publicly articulating my faith
  • Writing / Reflection / Lectio Divina
  • Music / instrument or choir
  • Practice hospitality
  • Renewal / exercise
Stewardship is to be
  • intentional & conscious; a doer
  • patient & flexible
  • modest and simple, without ostentation
  • persistent
Stewardship is to sacrifice

  • egocentric creature comforts; feather bedding
  • my ego for the welfare of an other's being
Stewardship is forgiveness
  • when I falter be forgiving of my self
  • when another falters be forgiving of their self

No comments:

Post a Comment