08 November 2008

Prayer


Today I saw a man I hadn't seen in months. Our orbits changed so I don't have, nor do I create, the opportunity to visit with him. This changing is a piece of life I've never understood. It is beyond me.  After our visit I felt saddened and I prayed.

Heavenly Father, I love you, I praise you, and I give thanks to you for all that I live and move and have my being in.  Thank you for all the blessings in my life.  I am especially thankful for the friends in my life.  I am sorry I have not kept up with my friendships. I am sorry I have not kept up with friends whom you have given unto me. Please forgive me. Keep them in safety, health, and in the fullness of your Spirit.  Hear my prayer O Lord.  Not my will but your will be done.

I often pray. I prayed from an early age. I don't recall when I learned to pray. I know someone taught me. I am uncertain who it was. I was reared Roman. I learned passively to pray in church. Prayer is a part of what we do in church. But at some point I started praying on my own, without being in a church, without being with other people, without being prompted to by others. Sometimes I can't keep from praying, it's overflowing. This prayer is me but it is way beyond me. How can I keep from praying? I cannot. I must.

No comments:

Post a Comment