25 November 2008

Economics & Beekeeping

Henry Paulson seems genuine. I'm rattled by the melting economy but Paulson's persona and economic crisis analysis reassures me. He seems pragmatic not ideologue-ish.
I like his dusky circled eyes set back in his head. I like his eyeglasses. And I like his stutter; he stumbles words composing while he speaks; he might seem unprepared but he's not. He's speaking from his professional and public mind, which he knows. He answers complex technical economic questions in sentences laymen may grasp. I like his bachelor of the arts is in English. I like that his permanently bent fifth metacarpal phalanges joint left hand little finger; maybe from wrestling or football. I like wrestling; it takes preparation, grit, and a will to persevere.
I understand Paulson's a beekeeper. I find this reassuring. I have a friend who's a beekeeper. I say beekeeping's more complicated than its' serene white cloaked humming sound. It's a vocation needing care and awareness for the bees by the keeper, and the need to adapt to changing circumstances.

1 comment:

  1. Bees sense things, mood changes. My grandfather was a beekeeper; he also had extremely high blood pressure. The bees never hurt him, I think, because his soul was calm and gentle even whilst his blood was pressuring through his veins.

    ReplyDelete